For the fifth year, the World Usability Day will be in Manila. ðŸ˜€
I’m working with the Adobe User Group – Philippines (AUGPhil) and the UST Information Systems Society to organize “Design/Sustain: World Usability Day 2009 in Manila,” the Manila event leg of the World Usability Day. Coincidentally, this is the last pending event I’m heading as the User Group Manager of AUGPhil. The event will be held on November 12, 2009 at the Thomas Aquinas Research Center (TARC) Auditorium at the University of Santo Tomas in Manila from 2-5pm.
The theme this year is “Designing for a Sustainable World” and the roster of speakers is quite impressive and will be speaking on topics centered on the theme. Here’s the program:
- 2:00pm: Opening
- 2:10pm: Welcome Remarks & Introduction to World Usability Day – Anne Michelle Santos
- 2:25pm: Illac Diaz of Designer Village Challenge – “Designing Houses for Climate Change”
- 2:55pm: Short Q&A
- 3:00pm: Rey Mendoza of AUGPhil & Shutterfox – “Affordable Usability Testing”
- 3:30pm: Short Q&A
- 3:35pm: Dr. Rosemary Seva of DLSU – “Usability & Sustainability”
- 4:05pm: Panel Q&A
- 4:30pm: Raffle
- 4:45pm: Closing Remarks – Regnard Raquedan
There’s a registration fee of PhP50.00 and folks can pre-register at http://wud2009manila.eventbrite.com. The fees shall be collected on site.