I’ll be speaking again at the Philippine Youth Congress in Information Technology (aka the Y4IT Conference). I’ve had talks in Y4IT 2007 and Y4IT 2008, and for the 2009 edition, I’m going back to basics.
The themes of my last two talks were about Web 2.0 (Social media, user generated content) and I figured either I take the notch up or blaze a new trail and I chose the latter. Tomorrow, I’ll be talking about Web Usability and User Experience Design– two topics that I know pretty well and topics that are closer to my heart.
To be honest, I avoided talking about usability in the last two years because I felt I wanted to stretch my wings a bit, but now I feel that I need to remind the young IT college students again about the value of web usability.
So, for everyone who’ll be attending the Y4IT Conference tomorrow, expect the same nice talk from me on a very interesting topic.
This year’s Y4IT conference is full of very interesting topics and catchy titles and here are some that caught my eye:
- Developing Web Toys - Mr. Luis Buenaventura II
- Marketing Through Social Networks - Mr. J. Angelo Racoma
- IT in the Early Grades- Ms. Sabrina Par
- The 7 Habits of an Effective Developer - Mr. Chuk Munn Lee
- The Next 5 in 5: Predicting Innovations - Mr. Lope Doromal, Jr.
- Love in Cyberspace - Prof. Cherrie Joy Billedo
- Creating Dynamic Web Application Using ASP.NET 3.5 - Ms. Alezandra Nicolas
- Democratizing Innovation Using the Web - Mr. Mark Ruiz
- Empathic Computing: Innovations and Challenges – Dr. Merlin Teodosia Suarez
- Innovation on the Web -Mr. Jay Trinidad
- Internet Romance - Mr. Jayvee Fernandez
- To Tumble, to Twitt; to Twitt: Perchance to Plurk: Ay, There’s the Rub - Mr. Juned Sonido