Author’s Note: Standard Web Standards will be starting a “blog mini-series” on the notable websites of Philippine candidates (For everyone’s information, Filipinos will be voting for national and local officials this coming May).
Chiz Escudero is arguably the most appealing senatorial candidate to the Filipino youth right now. But his website? Needs his real-life appeal. Here’s the breakdown:
- The site has a Flash intro – It’s dead isn’t it? Is he trying to put his campaign on the same state?
- Too many tables – Seeing what’s under the hood shows TR and TD soup.
- Infortmation Architecture -The site can be organized better. (Example: What’s Team Chiz and Say Chiz?)
- Navigation – The site navigation is OK and tight.
- Download section – I have to commend the effort in putting this section, but the wallpapers are just plain bad. The images look too much screaming and the contrast of the colors are too strong. I doubt anybody other than his immediate family will put it on their desktop.
- Blog – His blog should have been integrated to the site, similar to the Forums.
- Homepage – I believe his homepage needs tweaking. (Example: Looking at the homepage, it doesn’t show what his main platform is.)
All in all, the site is shows the Chiz Escudero has respect for the medium, but the implementors, they need to have a better cue.